Monday, May 9, 2011

Wednesday May 11th

At 7pm, we have the amazing sounds of Luke Hendon and his group. Luke brings us a sound very similar to Django Reinhardt. Read of him here...





At 8pm we have the fantastic sounds of Red Betty, a 3 piece ensemble of girls that light up Session 73 every time they play. Come see what they are all about...





9pm we have Joe Berg for the first time at Session 73. Joe is based out of Connecticut and is an emerging singer/songwriter on the New York scene. With his debut album "Here on Now", Joe is bringing his sound to Session 73.





10pm Brings us the return of Ted Garber from Washington, DC.
It’s hard to blend blues, jazz and roots rock together to create anything that really and truly works, but somehow Ted Garber has mixed these diverse sounds together to form his latest album, “American Rail,” a 10-track masterpiece. Catchy and mellow, smooth yet upbeat, Garber creates a one-of-a-kind album with his harmonica riffs and blues-y sound. “Strike It Up,” a distinctively upbeat ballad, further proves what a chameleon Garber is with backing horns and lyrics that make you want to bust a move. Funk, blues, roots rock, jazz and rock n’roll all make appearances in this latest album from the DC native, along with a refreshingly talented backing section full of horns, organs, a piano, drums and bass. “Giving Tree,” is where you really hear and feel the blues meets New Orleans sound. If you mixed Jason Mraz-style vocals and blues, you get this four-minute track, both musically and lyrically impressive. “American Rail” is a complete mix of sounds and musical styles, but you know what? It works. The entire album flows together into one captivating project. —Ashley Estill



At 11pm we have our residency songwriter, Carley Tanchon performing her original music... Raw, rootsy, sultry and serene…

“At the tender age of 22, to call her precocious would be an understatement.” (Daily Item, MA)

Music runs through my veins. I suppose it’s the blood that beats through my heart and keeps me alive as each day passes. It started with my Papa who gave it to my mom who was the first to teach me piano and guitar. Of course, whenever people ask where I got my musical inclination from, we say it had to have been my dad because we have no idea where his went. Needless to say, he plays the hell out of a kazoo. I’m grateful for growing up surrounded by laughter, and to this day, with my family is still my favorite place to be.

I spent most of my childhood in a little suburb of Cleveland, OH called Chagrin Falls. A friend visiting once described it as a Charles Dickens-like fairy-tale land, and to be honest, it could be. I loved growing up there, but I’m happy to be exploring more of the world. I’ve come to crave ADVENTURE.

Intermixed with musical theater roles in high school (skipping around stage as Little Red Ridinghood among one of my fondest memories), my favorite guitarist and long-time friend Adam Tressler dragged me into the wonderful world of gigging and I fell in love. This love of creating and performing led me to study at Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA (toss up between that and engineering… a tough decision to make). I decided to leave bill-paying up to the gods of fate and grabbed on to music as hard as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment